What started as a vision over a coffee a year ago in Vancouver is now an annual HR event like none other. We are just a few weeks away from unveiling the 2012 Impact99 website and launching registration.
(You can get a sneak peak and sign up for the VIP list here)
So what is a “Social” workplace?
In a world where customers want to connect with the brands they like in a more instant, authentic, connected way, how do senior leaders organize the business, its systems, its people and its technology to best enable that?
At the intersection of People, Process and Techonology lies the world of social business. When we talk about igniting a social workplace we mean re-thinking how we collaborate, communicate, motivate, give feedback, get feedback, develop and any other series of employee touchpoints with the organization they work for.
Why do HR leaders need to pay attention?
Senior HR leaders are relied upon by their executives to design and execute a human capital strategy that positions the company for success. Whereas even 12-24 months ago HR leaders might have said “social media? why would I need to know about that?” today HR leaders are scrambling to increase their own digital IQ and understanding of some very important trends emerging that impact their ability to attract and retain talent in a digital world.
1. What happens with a “hyper connected” workplace where people are attached to their personal devices 24-7?
2. What new platforms will replace many HR processes like reviews, talent management, even recruiting and goal setting?
3. What is the impact of digital “Natives” (Gen Y) entering the workforce expecting to function in a way that is foreign from current practice?
4. How are personal brands of leaders and business brands (and even employer brands) all connected in a digital age?
5. What are the risks and legal ramifications of “social” in the workplace?
6. How can HR be a catalyst to “ignite” a new kind of workplace culture.. and create greater activation at all levels of the organization?
7. Who are the leaders and companies we can learn from? what HR leaders are re-shaping the profession?
What’s new for 2012 events?
You are incredibly busy, and we understand the value of you taking a day away from the office to attent ANY event. We also know there is a FLOOD of information out there and you don’t have time to sift through it all one piece at a time.
In one day, we believe we have assembled the top thought leaders in social business and social HR. The event is hands on and loaded with relevant, actionable steps to take the minute you leave the event.
Keynote Speeches, Panels of HR leaders from some of the world’s most respected brands, a CEO dragon’s den where we put some of our top picks for thought leaders in Social business and HR in front of a panel of actual CEOs to debate salient issues… and a once in a lifetime chance to book a private 1:1 session with one of the speakers to talk about how this all matters to YOUR business
What do I do now?
Go to http://var/www/vhosts/christinemcleod.ca/everydayleader.ca.impact99.ca and get on the VIP list to be the first to get updates and access extra content
Block off Oct 2nd in your Vancouver Calendar and third week of October in your Toronto calendar and prepare to IGNITE something amazing- for yourself and your organization.
Go ahead. Join us. You won’t regret it http://var/www/vhosts/christinemcleod.ca/everydayleader.ca.impact99.ca